Stanford Mechanics and Computation
Get an Account
- Get an account so that you can edit pages.
- All Mechanics and Computation professors can create accounts.
Edit a Page
- Make sure that you're logged in. Only logged in users can make edits.
- Go to the page that you want to edit and click the 'Edit' link in the footer.
- If there are subsections on the page there may be other edit links you can click on too.
- You should now see the wiki markup. Once you've made your changes, be sure to include a summary and click either 'Save' or 'Preview'. You've succesfully updated the group website.
Create a New Page
- Edit a page that you would like to link to the new page.
- Add a link to that page, for example: New Page Name
- Save the page.
- Click on the new link.
- You can find detailed editing instructions here.
- The Wikipedia introduction is a useful resource and mostly applies to our setup.